INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Snow in England

I thought that I was moving to a place that had "mild winters"- so much for that! I want to let you all know that this is not mild weather, not at all! Granted the snow fall is not to the extent that we had in South Dakota BUT what we do have has managed to bring many parts of this country into a complete standstill. My heart goes out to the 5000 plus families who have lost electricity to their homes.

My children shoveled the drive way and cleared the walk ways yesterday. It's a heavy wet snow and this is going to take a while to clear. Many towns have run out of grit for the roads. It's not that this area is totally unprepared it's that this amount of snow fall is so rare how can you really prepare for something that happens so infrequently?

In case you're wondering- the painter never did make it back to our house, LOL!

No comments: