INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow has become a 4 letter word!

I'm going to say it- I am tired of the snow here in my little part of England! There are no snow plows, no one shovels the sidewalks or walk ways, never mind shoveling out their cars and driveways. The roads are a total mess out here! I'm not going to go on about how America is better- BUT... there are some simple things that need to be improved upon out here.

I had a sinking feeling when I sent my teens out the door to catch the bus today. Received text messages- they are stuck in the snow, yes in the bus in the snow. I'm just sick about this! The school let us know that they are going to send the kids back home, so they must not be all that close to the school. I can only wonder how long it's going to take. Now to wait...

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm sick of it too. We need local bye-laws to make people clear paths etc outside their homes; it used to happen, but society isn't the helpful beast it once was..mostly I think because Health and Safety gone mad makes everything potentially litigious. Bonkers and gives us a bad reputation, as you illustrate.