INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, August 10, 2007

17 years of Wedded Bliss

Today my husband Lucien and I celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. And it also happens to be my older sisters' wedding anniversary. Gaby and Wolfgang celebrate 37 years as man and wife- Wow!



When I think back to all of the places we have been on our anniversary the best places were Hawaii and Germany. Granted I didn't think too much of Germany since we were actually stranded there (got to love flying space A). You know what...even though we were stranded, my best and dearest friend Susan drove out to visit us. I will always have very fond memories of her visit. I don't know if she had any clue as to how truly touching her visit was and how much it meant to all of us to see a friendly and familiar face in a foreign land.



Today my dear friend Susan and her family are moving back to the USA after their assignment in Germany. Believe it or not they will be stationed up at Minot AFB in North Dakota. I'm excited beyond words! Only 1 state away- woohoo! I hope to see her often- well more than once in 3 years, LOL!



My husband has a day of work, I'm volunteering at the Thrift Shop along with my daughter Hannah. Andrew has his first real day at work today. Since it's Sturgis Bike Rally time here in the Black Hills we are unable to dine out without a 3 to 4 hour wait. So with that in mind I'm making a fabulous dinner for my husband and children tonight.

No comments: