INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, August 31, 2007

TGIF

Thursday was out the door busy for me. I was on the go from the moment I woke up until I went to sleep that night. So yes it really is a TGIF for me!

I started off with wanting to "pop in" at the Thrift Shop for an hour to help out and ended up staying for 4 hours. I was having a a lot of fun and the time passed so quickly that I didn't notice how long I had actually been there until I looked at my watch.

Our OSC function went fairly well- there were a few glitches along the way but they were quickly taken care of. I enjoyed having volunteer organizations from the Rapid City area speak at our function, I hope that they received some sign ups. I was so busy with so many other things pertaining to the function that I did not get to really check out their tables. However- I was approached by one charity about heading up their Ice Cream Social event- I felt bad in turning her down - I just can not squeeze in one more volunteer gig and not have my home life suffer. I'm so stretched as it is with my volunteering, but yet I feel bad and want to help- why am I like that? I do see how people can make a full time job at being a volunteer- I'm living proof of it happening with my own self.

So today I'm getting things together for an HOA newsletter, tidying up my house and then maybe just maybe I might sit down relax and read a book.

No comments: