INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Scents that invoke happiness

I don’t know about you but I’m a floral scent person. During the warmer months I love to have the house smelling like a flower garden. Yankee Candles has the best scents followed closely by Colonial at Home and Village Candle.  I have a girlfriend who is all about the Village Candle Company where my Mom loves Colonial at home- for both of them I think that it’s more about the shape of the jar (Colonial candle co has an oval jar and Village Candle Co has a square jar). Myself, I go on scent alone. I have a  couple of different friends out here that make candles and they both have their own style and scents- one puts hers in pretty jars and the other pours hers into tins with lids. I have some of each and it is the scent not the container that draws me in like a moth to a flame!  Right now there are a couple (okay so it’s more like 3 or 4) of scents that I have going in the house…Meadow Blossoms, Summer Fresh, Honeysuckle and Citrus Sunshine.   Flowers bring me happiness, looking at them and smelling them…it’s relaxing to me. I love flower arrangements with oodles of different flowers, heck my bridal bouquet was a plethora of different flowers -none of that white roses with  baby’s breath for me I wanted color and scent and lots of it!

 

My quest for you today is to find a candle scent that reminds you of something happy- burn it for about an hour or two in a room that will be filled with that scent. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how good it makes you feel.  Aromatherapy works wonders on those that are tired, stressed and/or depressed. For me it’s sunshine in a jar just waiting to be opened and shared with others.

  

 

No comments: