INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wow- Have I been busy!

Who would have ever thought that I could be as busy as I am now...and I'm not even getting paid for any of it? LOL!

*Working at the base Thrift Shop 18 hours a week takes a bit out of my week, especially since it's spread over 3 days. I like working there- the people I work with are fantastic and I'm getting to know who our regular customers and consignors are :-) There are some characters and some of the nicest people I've ever met. Yesterday I met a middle aged man (keep in mind that I don't consider myself middle aged...not yet) who much like myself collects cooks books and loves to cook. He and his wife are new to our base and the Rapid City area. I instantly told him about Someones in the Kitchen (my favorite place to buy kitchen goodies and cooking classes taught by real chefs). I think that I have him hooked on checking the place out :-)

*My flowers beds...this is going to be an all week project to say the least! Keep in mind that we have to pull the rocks away and cut into the weed mat, mix the clay ridden South Dakota soil with cow manure, peat and bone meal so my flowers will grow. It's been a real chore, but hopefully one that will pay off in a rainbow of color and the stunning beauty of nature in bloom. Today I'm going to put my Gerbera Daisies in terracotta pots along with some other very pretty flowers- I can hardly wait to get started on it!

*Trees, Yards and Gardening in general...I think that we've infected the neighborhood! Seems like everyone we know is planting something... Our neighbors J&C, M&T and A&C (3 different families) have all recently bought some beautiful trees and I mean beautiful! I have no desire to be digging the size of holes that trees of their size need- trust me it's a tough enough job with making these flowers beds. But I can hardly wait to see them how beautiful their yards will look once the trees are in the ground. As HOA president, I want to send little note cards out to the neighbors letting them know how beautiful their yards look.

*Mount Washmore...being out of the house as much as I have or just plain busy doing other things has made my laundry piles into what I like to call Mount Washmore. I sorted the laundry this morning (I've been up since 3 am) and I almost fell over when I saw that there were 10 loads that needed to be washed- eeeek! Good thing everyone here has plenty of underwear or we would be in some serious trouble! So I've got 3 load down...1 through the entire wash/dry process, 1 in the dryer and 1 in the washer.

*Plumbing issues...The plumber will be here at 7am to check on the shower head that has been leaking behind the drywall in the guest bathroom. My husband and I know that the drywall will have to be taken out so the leak can be fixed and we're ready for that. My DH will remove the groovy shower curtain rod so the plumber can work in there. Maybe while he is here he can address the water hammer issues we have with the laundry room _ really would like to have THAT fixed too!

*Sanitation issues for our subdivision have been addressed and taken care of! I've nailed a good contract WITH recycling for our Home Owners Association! Ive got roll off containers for cardboard, glass, aluminium cans, metal cans, plastic containers- woohoo! I hope that the home owners appreciate all of my hard work.

*The Central State Fair...I've got to finish up getting my entries ready for this. I'm seriously considering not entering any stamped cards this year and just concentrating on scrapbooking and photography. I just have so much going on lately that my time seems to be running out rather quickly. I'm the kind of person that wants to enter to win, LOL! If I can't put a quality project out there on display then why bother...I really mean that!

Well now for me to get out of my jammies and get some other things going on around here.

No comments: