INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Monday was BUSY!

I usually look forward to Mondays, and I started out optimistic about this one...but yesterday was something else! It was one thing after another...

From doing returns to buying fire bellied toads with my daughter to getting a home owners association news letter written, printed and delivered-whew! By 9pm I was falling into bed.

Now strange things happened along the way to make this not feel like the best of days...One of my girlfriends is going through a very tough time right now (her husband is currently away on a deployment). She broke down in tears while with me and let it out how hard it's been on her, I started crying just listening to her. I made sure to talk to her at length on Sunday and on Monday I wrote and sent to her some words of encouragement. I know how hard it can be along with the needs of ones children (and she has 6 of them) and no one coming home in the evening to tell you about their day and you about your day. Having been there a few times myself I know what it means to have a friend call or send little note cards that contain messages of encouragement. Letting you know that they are thought of and are loved by people who are not their immediate family. I've got to send her a snail mail card today too.

Okay then there's dinner time...I pull out a couple of frozen pizzas put them in the oven...no problem right? Okay I pull them out and wonder why is this one so tough to cut through? Well I have to say that this was the first time I ever baked a frozen pizza with the cardboard! Was my mind some place else? Yes it most certainly was! I thought that the funky smoke smell was from all of the smoke and haze in the air from the wild fire burning in Wyoming (we have a lot of smoke and haze and the air smells like it too). But alas...that was actually the cardboard being baked and burnt in my oven. I was shaking my head...I still can't believe that I did that.

Speaking of my mind being someplace else...I have no idea what has happened to the pictures/layouts from our chef's bingo back in January. So now I have to get more pictures printed and recreate this layout. Funny thing is...I gave the prototype away to the former base commander and his wife- eek!!! So there's THAT I have to contend with. I must be out of my ever loving mind...to think that I have misplaced those photo's...I'm so upset with myself that I could hardly focus on anything else- that's probably why the cardboard was baked with the pizza, LOL!

So yesterday was one thing after another that got me stressed out...this morning I feel refreshed and renewed. Does it bother me that after 3 hours in my craft room that I still couldn't locate the pictures with the embellishments? Yes, but it's not as thought I couldn't re-make them. So that is what I will be doing this afternoon.

I'm trying to organize the program for next week. People have until the 23rd to get their reservations to either myself or Kim the 1st VP. So far it seems like there will only be 3 charities coming to our event...there are a few more days until our cut off. Which reminds me, I need to call the club and tell them Turkey on the hot dogs, and change the date on the December function. Heck, I've got to set up 2 tables for myself...actually it will be one small one with 2 different groups, Scrapbook Group and Lunch Bunch.

So now I check my e-mail to find that my dear friend Heidi (who is an avid animal lover) lost one of her beloved dogs yesterday (Luna). I wrote to her this morning and sent that lovely poem Rainbow Bridge (I love that poem). Heidi is also our Thrift Shop manager plus her husband is currently away on deployment. I know that she is taking this loss pretty hard. My heart aches for her...I know what it's like to loss a fur baby, especially while your husband is away. It was like that for me when my beloved Cuddles died. I was heart broken for weeks on end. At that time I had my kitty for longer than I had my children. So with that in mind I need to get a few cards ready to go into today's mail.

On a lighter note...I got to talk with my girlfriend Susan for an hour last night! She's back in the states, woohoo!!! She'll be up at Minot AFB some time today! Only one state and a 9 hour drive away...I'm so very excited about that! I have invited Susan and her family to spend Thanksgiving with us, I'm really looking forward to that visit with all my heart!

No comments: