INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Stop and smell the Roses



I love roses, they have to be my all time favorite flower. I plan on making a rose garden in the flower bed in the front yard nearest the street. We'll be going to a nursery today to get some plants for my various flower beds. Oh how I adore flowers!




I'm also going to be hanging "my" photos of Roses and other flowers today throughout the house. Granted, I'm no Georgia O'Keeffe (she's famous for her paintings of flowers -close up) nor am I any where near in my photographic skills as being compared to the likes of Ansel Adams (he's famous for his stunning black & white scenic photography) but I do like what I take pictures of and will have many more of my own Photographic efforts displayed in our home. I did win a 1st place ribbon at the State Fair last year for one of my flower pictures :-) I'm going to hang it in the Family Room today. My daughter Hannah won a Best in Show (plus first place) for her picture of a pink waterlily- I have it proudly hanging in my scrapbook nook :-). I need to print up some more flower pictures and get them matted & framed then hung on the walls of our home. Here on the lower part of the page you see my 3rd place picture of Cabbage Roses...this one is going to be hung in my bedroom.

No comments: