INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, August 23, 2007

The 1st day of school

Usually I'm happy when the 1st day of school comes around but today I'm kind of melancholy about the whole thing. As my children drove off to school this morning -no more bus for them since Andrew got his drivers license back in May, I thought to myself... Andrew is a Sophomore in High School and Hannah in the 7th grade this year, we only have 3 more years with Andrew before he goes off to college. I got kind of sad thinking about our boy going off to college. And me having PMS today isn't helping that feeling go away either, Grrr!

I have the new signage made and ready to go for the Thrift Shop- we're trying a new point of sale pricing system. Once items are on the Thrift side of the store we're going to make it easy on ourselves with the pricing. I truly enjoy having Heidi as our Thrift Shop manager, she's doing such an awesome job with the store and has many terrific ideas. I love the direction she's taking with the store- it looks fantastic and it's really become organized (something wasn't going on before she took over).

As far as the panic attack I had with not having the photo's on the layout from January...I printed them up -I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE having a photo printer at home! I've got the layouts done, I just need the name of one person and I'm DONE!!! Whew! I'm glad that THAT monkey is off of my back!

Now to work on getting the place cards made for the OSC activities function next week. That should be easy enough, I just need to know which organizations will be there and the different chairs for our activity groups within our club...you know- like Scrapbooking, Lunch Bunch, Stitch-n-Gab, Book Club, Gourmet Club and so forth. I also need to make up some sign up sheets for the groups that I'm chairing.

Nervous Breakdown- have NOT had one yet, LOL! So I think that God knows something about myself that I didn't- that I can do all of these volunteer duties, have a home life and get it all done. I just need to manage my time better and not stress out about the little things.

I'm off to have more coffee and get a couple of things done before I'm off to work!

No comments: