INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm running just as fast as I can...

I know that these are lyrics to a song but oh do they represent my life lately.

Today was no exception in the business of being busy. I realized that Hannah and I needed to get our photo's printed and ready to go for the State Fair. So...first thing first...
* We sat down at the computer yesterday morning and picked out the photo's to be printed...sent those over to Walgreen's (they do such a great job with printing photos).
* Hannah and I stopped in at the Thrift Shop and stayed no more than an hour then left. I waited until it looked like we had some back up. I had to go, I had a ton of things on my list that needed to be done today!

*Picked up photo's at Walgreen's
*Bought matting materials for our photo's at Hobby Lobby
*Met my husband at Wal-Mart to look at and aquarium (long story short our daughter wants to have toads as pets, LOL)
*went to Ben Franklin as they are the only ones in town with those plastic saw tooth hangers that we need for our pictures for our Fair entries
*went to a pet store twice...to see what they had then to go back and buy the screen lid for an aquarium.
*had lunch at a Chinese Buffet

Lets talk road construction- oh my gosh do we had a lot of that going on here! Roads closed and detours galore! Lets not even talk about the highway construction that has been going on for the 4 years we've been here...and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight for it either, ugh!

Then we get home, mount our photo's, fill out all of the name tags and get our items ready for the fair. We drove into town and dropped off our items- whew! We made it in time for tonight, if we didn't get that done we would have had to do that tomorrow morning at 9am...when we need to be at the Thrift Shop.

Speaking of Thrift Shop- we're having a Bag Sale today! Fill a brown paper bag with clothing and shoes from the thrift side of the store for $3.00- now that is quite a bargain! I expect us to be very busy today, very busy indeed!

I'm excited about our little bit of news...we have a family of bunnies living in our backyard. I'm going to invite my girlfriends children over to see them- everyone loves baby bunnies! This is the 2nd time we've experienced this - talk about a blessing from above, It makes me take time to think about all of the good things that are going on in my life. How this Momma Bunny must think that our yard is the safest place around for her to bring babies into the world- wow! Maybe she knows something about our cat that we don't, LOL! Well our kitty didn't bother the nest of baby bunnies at our place on base and I'm sure that she won't bother these- then again I'm not about to take any chances so kitty only goes outside with supervision.

I'm thrilled to learn that my girlfriend Kim is also entering some scrapbook layouts at the State Fair...we jokingly teased one another with who will get the grand prize...it's a Creative Memories Album, LOL! So in real life, neither one of us stands a chance of winning it because we don't use CM albums or supplies, LOL! After last years judging, oh yeah the winner was a Creative Memories customer and it was obvious why she won...because she did her pages in a simple CM format on CM white pages- talk about biased judging, LOL! So with that said... Why am I entering my scrapbook pages in the Fair? I want to have fun and show others what a great craft and hobby it is! The more people we get to enter the more fun for all of us!

Hannah entered the photography division. I entered photography, rubber stamping and photography. I look forward to seeing what we've earned as awards.

Coffee, I need more coffee!

No comments: