INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, April 07, 2007

another day of working on the new house...

It's Saturday and I've been waiting for Lowe's to deliver the replacement appliances. I'm not very good at waiting for people...those open windows of time really kill me. You know the ones, "we'll be there between the hours of now and forever" ugh! Today's window is between the hours of 12 noon and 4 pm, well it's 3:14 pm and NOTHING!!! My husband has disconnected the range and I'm not about to empty the refrigerator until they actually arrive with the appliance (hopefully it's undamaged).
To make time pass more quickly I've written a letter, marinated my pork roast and have it all wrapped up nicely in plastic wrap, vacuumed the upstairs, swept all of the floors without carpeting, and have sent a few e-mails. I'm going to lose my mind waiting around like this. I need to hunt for things in the garage...things like my clay roaster so I can cook our Easter Hammy for tomorrow's dinner.

Our bedroom has been painted and it looks great! Oh my word I love the color- it's called Wicker and it's a great looking tan color (very relaxing). I can hardly wait to set up our bedroom...I need to look at the bed skirt and see if I need to iron it (I'm sure that I do). I know that I need to press the valances- I still can't believe that I found them at Lowe's, what a huge surprise that was! I looked at fabric and nothing grabbed me, then I was looking at Lowe's for shower curtains and those were on the same isle and low and behold- there where 3 different styles of nice looking valances in the color scheme that I was looking for...so I bought all 3 different styles and brought them home and had Lucien look at them with me. We made our decision and here we are Ü now to install the plantation blinds and curtain rods. Of course we have to wait 24 hours for the paint to dry and cure before we do any of that. I'm just anxious to get it all done.
My biggest bargain of the week was finding these napkin and place mat sets by Waverly for a mere $2.00 each! Oh my gosh I can't buy the fabrics and thread and make them for that price! They're got that wonderful Scotch-guard stain resistant treatment too! Here and there I've been finding little gems and that was mine for yesterday Ü I drug the kids to JC Penney after lunch at Olive Garden (I've got to bribe them with something really good to get them to go shopping with me) I found rugs to go in both of the upstairs bathrooms and a lovely shower curtain for our Master Bathroom. The off to Sam's Club to buy some pillows and a few other things.
So while I'm frittering away the time on the computer my husband is downstairs painting the 2nd color on the walls of my scrapbook nook. I can hardly wait to get in there and get my scrapbooking tools and supplies out, organized and put away. I didn't send any Easter cards this year and it's gnawing on me. I have some that I made with the intention of sending but alas I forgot to pull them out so I could send them off, they'll just have to wait for next year.
Only 20 more minutes to go on this 4 hour window. I will be VERY upset if they do not show up today. I think that Lucien will be pretty bent out of shape if they don't come, especially since he doesn't have any more of that sealant for the gas pipe and tomorrow is EASTER!

1 comment:

Lora said...

It sounds like your appointment window experience is just like the ones I have had. No matter what times its between they always come at the latest possible time with just minutes to spare. Frustrates me to no end to wait around all that time! I can understand your frustration. Hopefully you have new working appliances for your holiday today and that you can relax and slow down enough to enjoy the day while the rest of the house waits. I know how hard that is for you! lol Happy house and Happy Easter! Oh, you need to send me your new mailing address for a little house warming from the desert. ;-)