INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thunder Storms and Rain

I was rudely awakened at 3 am by pounding rain and very loud thunder. The lightening show was most impressive but unfortunately I was unable to get back to sleep. Just when there seemed to be a break in the storm and I was just on the verge of falling back to sleep I'd see (through my eyelids) my entire bedroom light up from the lightening strike then I'd hear the BANG of thunder and my windows would shake. It freaked out the cat and she was pretty shaken- meowing her head off every time the thunder would boom. So by 4:20 am I just gave up even staying in bed, I got up and got dressed. I started moving boxes and putting more stuff away.

Boxes, I've made quite the dent in that collection of boxes that is out in our garage. I want to put a bigger dent in them but the only way that is going to happen today is if I run them over with my car, LOL! I've got those flowering bulbs to put into pots and I need to work on those OSC scrapbooks some more.

Just say cheese...cheesecake that is! I made a Creme de Menthe cheesecake yesterday for OSC and did the house ever smell wonderfully fresh and minty! Today I've got a Turtle cheesecake in the oven, this one is for my boy to take to his JROTC Ball tomorrow night. Baking (for me) is such a wonderful stress reliever. Yesterday I also made a Ragout (pronounced ragu), it's a very veggie full tomato based pasta sauce. My daughter cracks me up, she is just crazy about this sauce! She'll eat it just as is...no pasta needed, LOL! I love to chop veggies and create delicious meals and snacks. Being able to think of something else besides where I'm going to put another vase platter, or box of books, LOL!

I'm off to spend some time in my Scrapbook Nook...with a cuppa of course!

No comments: