INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, April 05, 2007

We are in the house!

Oh my gosh what an ordeal it has been- talk about the stuff soap operas are made out of, LOL! Today was supposed to be the final inspection of our base house but wait...the cleaning lady cancelled on us at the last minute (no joke). that left me scrambling to find another team to clean our house all at the last minute. I was so upset yesterday that I didn't want to be around anyone. I ended up hiring my neighbors cleaning lady and her team to do the job and with it being Easter weekend (and it's also spring break weekend for our school system) well I had to push back the final inspection date until the 10th. Every day we are tied to that base house is one more day that we do not get the housing allowance- grrrr!

My husband and I have been working double duty...trying to get moved into this house and moved out of the other house. Getting appliances installed here and the rooms painted before the furniture arrives. The kids rooms look great, my scrapbook nook is half painted and the master bedroom is on hold until the weekend. The cottage on base has been given a good coat of primer and is waiting patiently to be cleaned. We finally have everything moved out of it...what a long hard journey it was too! Moving yourself is not for wimps! It's much easier to move across country than it was to move four and a half miles down the road. Each and every day has been a struggle, it's been bitterly cold and it's snowed every single day as a matter of fact, it's snowing right now. The weather has been so raw, I've got a major head cold going on that is kicking my hiney, our son Andrew has it too (poor kid is also doing his SAT testing this week).
What else has been going on... our phone line was messed up and we finally got our land line installed after being here 5 days-ugh! Got the Internet back on line today (yes it's another interesting story there too). This moving in thing totally makes me think of our European vacation last summer where every day something went wrong, LOL! As the saying goes...What doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? Well for me it's making me down right crabby!
The appliances arrive and guess what...they're damaged. We have no choice but to install them and wait for Lowe's to bring us new ones. My beautiful convection oven range is beat up as well as the refrigerator. Can you see me using the grill in the snow? If people thought that I was crabby now...they should see me cooking in the snow with 45 to 55 mph winds...that would just be plain UGLY!
On the up side...it's nice to be in a larger house where we can spread out and not feel as if we are on top of one another. We have tons of boxes to go through and it makes every one we open a good surprise. It's always fun finding that little thing that you've been looking for...I found Wilson the Travel Pig hanging out in Andrew's room in a laundry basket, I found Hannah's over due library book hanging out in my walk-in closet underneath a pile of clothes, I found my husbands patches for his flight suit under the bathroom sink and Andrew found his ROTC Friday shirt in the guest room closet.
Our entire garage is filled with boxes filled with our belongings. It took us 3 weeks to pack it all up and I'm sure that it will take at least that long to put it all away. We still have to expand the width of the shelves in the linen closet (it's in our master bathroom) and extend the width of the shelves in the pantry. The Easy Track systems have been ordered for the kids closets... but they have yet to arrive. We still need to get the other 2 shower curtain rods up, put up the plantation blinds on all of the windows and then go for installing curtain rods and hanging up the valances and sheers. I'm tired of just thinking about what we still have to get done around here.

1 comment:

lauriewe said...

Oh Sandie- I have been checking daily to see how the move went, praying all was well- guess I should have prayed for good weather and nerves of steel! Happy Easter.