INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, April 09, 2007

run run run

Do you ever feel as if you're a dog running around in a circle chasing your tail? Oh my gosh that is how I have felt all day long! Running in circles getting no where fast.
Our new replacement appliances arrived today. Did they call like they were supposed to before they came over? Noooooooooooo. So there they are, 2 newbies (New employees ) to the world of delivering appliances. I hate to say it but it was almost a farce. I knew more about these appliances then they ever could. I knew that oven doors have hinges and are removable...on any brand. If it wasn't for the fact that these two boobs were messing with MY new appliances it would have been down right funny. Watching them try to figure out how to remove the oven door was cracking me up...could they listen to what I was telling them? Oh no...but damn it if they didn't listen to me when I was waving the instruction booklet at them with pictures in it showing them how to remove the oven door (just like I was telling them how to do it). I let them know (and I actually said the words) "Look guys, this isn't rocket science okay, my soon to be 12 year old daughter can do this". Okay so I didn't bother to mention to them that she'll probably be a rocket scientist one day, LOL!
After that Andrew and I had some Mom and Boy driving time. I let him drive me to the base, to Lowe's and back to Lowe's again and then to the base again and then home and back to the base again. Even Andrew was getting tired of all of the driving around that we had to do. I made sure to get that $300 credit to my credit card today. There was no way I was going to trust them to "just do it" so I made sure that it got done! So yes I have received my $300 and I'm happy! I turned around and spent it on the new leaded glass side windows for the front entry. The front entry is going to look fabulous once we're done with it! Each side of the front door is flanked with these long narrow side light windows that are just plain. Since we replaced the window in the door with a leaded glass window it has made a huge difference in how we look at the front door. Now this will add greatly to the look of our new home and add in the resale value of it later on.
I spent the afternoon disposing of recyclable items, and sweeping out the garage. The little cottage on base is CLEAN! Oh my word the woman who cleaned our base house is a miracle worker!!! I would recommend her to anyone! I was never able to get the stove as clean as she has gotten it, all I have to say is WOW!!! The house smelled clean and it looks great!
I've gotten many boxes of our belongings put away- mainly my husbands clothing. Who knew that he had so much stuff, I didn't. I've been making a small dent here and there. I had planned on getting into the formal dining room but alas the spouse had other plans for me. Tomorrow is the final inspection on the cottage on base. Then in the afternoon I'm meeting my husband for a "date". He won't tell me where we are going or what we are doing...just that it's a surprise.
As an added surprise my friend Kristi dropped by with a beautiful Azalea plant just FULL of bright pink flowers to welcome us into our new home. She said that when she saw it that it reminded her of my kitchen and dining room of our little cottage on base. What a charming and thoughtful surprise! I love the flowers and they are in our formal dining room window seat waiting for nicer weather for me to put them in one of my giant flower pots on our front porch. My mother-in-law sent us a lovely floral bouquet on Saturday and WOW they are so fragrant! They are a group of all kinds of flowers...I love them all! My motto for today...there's no such thing as TOO many flowers!

No comments: