INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, April 23, 2007

Home Improvement

Ah Sunday, a day of rest and relaxation...well for most people it is but not for us! My husband gets back form being gone all week and he's off like gang busters on getting more home improvement plans drawn up and ordered.

My Scrapbook Nook - Well it's about to get a lot of new stuff! I can not believe this man and how he really thinks about my needs in my scrapbook nook. My work area materials have been bought and will be delivered on Tuesday afternoon. I'm going to have wall cabinets, base cabinets and a nice counter top. Tons of hidden storage space! This new nook area is going to be such a delight to work in!

Laundry Room - My hubby ordered cabinets for in here too! There will be base cabinets with a counter top, and wall cabinets and a hanging bar for those clothes that you want to hang up right after they dry :-) We also bought the drawer hardware (knobs and drawer pulls). We are going to be BUSY this week!

On the Deck - I had my husband pick out a new grill (it's a belated b-day gift). Our old grill has been through the wringer. It fell over in a wind storm back when we lived in Virginia and the handle broke, still works great but the handle is broken in the middle. We were wanting a grill that can be converted to working with natural gas and yes we found one! I even bought the latest cookbook publication from Southern Living on Backyard Grilling! Oh it looks good! And it's chock a block full of terrific recipes! I'll be putting a chain on this baby and locking it to our deck! It's better safe than sorry I always say.

In the Kitchen - I bought some things that will help me out here, there are these great baking pan holders ( they kind of look like a bike rack) to go inside of my lower cabinet. I used those plastic cinch ties to hold them together (they would move every time I pulled out a pan). So now I've made a more efficient use of that space! I'll have to take pictures of that space and post them. Then there was the over the sink colander...oh have I ever needed one of these! This really would have come in handy when we lived in base housing! I'll take pictures of these things and post them later. I almost forgot...my husband also bought cabinet doors, he's going to make the back side of this cabinet open up and make that space more accessible. I'll have to post pictures on this too. There's a slender door on the inside part of the kitchen but the space is HUGE! You can't get mush through door to really make any use of the space. So there's my husband to the rescue!

In the Bathroom - Here my husband is making a drawer where there was only a fake drawer front. He ordered the kit for the making of the drawer and it's being mailed to us from the manufacturer.

Adding to the Curb Appeal- No I didn't buy more terracotta pots or plants, LOL! We ordered a house number plaque. We've been in this house what? 3 weeks now (it really doesn't feel that long) and without house numbers. I want the pizza delivery person to be able to get to the right house, LOL! It too will be shipped directly to us.

By the time we were done at Lowe's we were both starving! I suggested Mongolian Grill for lunch. Who doesn't love a bowl of steaming hot vegetables, meat and noodles? I have to tell you all... the food is top notch! You pick out what you want in your bowl and they cook it up, what's not to like? :-) By the end of the day I was wiped out! Did I sleep well? Yes! So well in fact that I totally slept though the alarm clock and my husband had to wake me up at 6:15 am.

I've got lots on my plate for today so I better get on with it all!

No comments: