INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Home Improvement

Here we are in a brand new house and yet we're doing "home improvements". Lets face it, not every house is going to have all of the little extras that you would like. So we're adding things here and there to tweak it out to what "we" need.

It's a beautiful day, the wind is minimal and the sun is shining brightly! The kids are exploring the creek that is our house. There must be some good stuff to explore since they've been gone over 2 hours. Usually if it's lame they would have been back here looking for some lunch about now.

I've got a workman putting in the radon gas pump system today. It's perfect weather for him to be working on this stuff too. We've cleared out enough boxes to be able to park 2 of our cars in the garage, now that right there is a major accomplishment folks! I've not gotten any father on getting stuff put away in my scrapbook nook - but then again we're also looking at putting in some cabinets and wooden shelves. So I'm taking my time on getting that room put together.

My wonderful husband is out getting shelving to expand the shelves in the linen closet that is located in the master bathroom and the pantry in our kitchen. Making these areas have more potential storage space is not only for us, it'll help in adding to the future resale value of our home. I've still got to figure out how I am going to store my knives. I have an oak storage block but that drove me bats at the last house since counter space was so limited. I suppose that I could use that here but I want to keep my counters as clutter free as possible. I have to find it though as I do need a temporary storage solution as having them wrapped in dishtowels stored in a drawer is not working for me.

I don't know about my kids but I'm in need of some lunch. My headache is growing worse and I know that it's from hunger.

No comments: