INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, April 16, 2007

It's Monday Gromit

Ahhh Monday, my favorite day of the week...no seriously it really is! Everyone is off to do their thing, kids on their way to school, husband gone to work and now for me to have a moment of peace and quite. Do I have a list of things "to do", of course I do! For the life of me, I seem unable to locate the box that contains the rest of my spices.

My darling husband has been a busy bee this weekend. I've got under the cabinet lighting, a large pull out drawer in a cabinet for my pots and pans )oooh that is such a nice feature too). I've got my wire racks in my pantry for my spices, vinegars, oils and other items. And he hung more blinds too! My Scrapbook Nook now has those lovely 2 inch plantation blinds, oooohhhh I love it! I've also got a remote switch that turns on and off my kitchen light. The electricians (who have proved to us that they have no common sense what so ever) wired this house just a little strangely. The switch to turn on the kitchen light is locate by the back door, not a realistic spot for it what so ever! So there are so many wonderful things at your local hardware and home improvement stores these days...and this remote switch is just one of a handful of great innovations for the home! Did I mention that he also installed a medicine cabinet? Oh yes he did! I can't believe that not a single bathroom in this house has one. Actually this builder doesn't put them in, if you want it it's "extra". SO my husband being the fixer upper man that he is saw a need, figured out how it was going to go in and then went to the home improvement store and looked at the different styles on display, bought one, brought it home and installed it. There's none of that let it hang around and gather dust stuff going on around here. My husband is not a procrastinator, oh no not in the least! When it comes to getting things done in the home he is right on top of it! He has made lots of storage spaces for me to be able to get things put away. He installed wider shelves in the pantry this weekend, and now everything that is supposed to go in it actually fits...how awesome is that?!!! I tell ya ladies this husband of mine is a true catch!

Now it's time for me to go into the garage and bring in more boxes. My goal is for us to be able to park all 3 cars in there by the end of the week. Lets see if I can do it, LOL!

2 comments:

Lora said...

Oh Sandie it sounds like you are having so much fun making this new house a home. You do have a great hubbie! I would love to rent him for a weekend to help me with somethings LOL

Sandie said...

Lora,
if we lived nearer... I'd send him on over girl!