INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, December 18, 2008

another round of insanity

This time of year is busy for me (you already know that) but it's also becoming increasingly stressful for me. It's compounded by feeling pressured to visit family when there isn't any time to do it in (because of our children's school schedules), getting the house on the market and of course preparing to move to another country. On top of that, I found out that the house we're going to move into might not be ready until September-ugh! It's a remodeling job not building a new house from the basement up, sheesh! I've been through the process of new construction 3 times- I say, let me be the foreman on this job and it'll be done in 2 months tops! I think that we need to get Ty Pennington and crew from Extreme Home Makeover on the case and it'll be done in a week! It's not as if the military is paying for top of the line appliances or fixtures or even some sort of exotic wood cabinetry so what's the hold up? The main thing is that I can't let myself stress out about things that I have no control over. Now with that said, I'll take care of business when I get to England!

I want to enjoy this Christmas holiday in our home here in South Dakota. I hope and pray that my husbands parents will see the light and will fly out here to visit us as our children's school schedules really do not permit them taking any additional time off from school. I'd like to fly out to CA and see my mom and dad before we move to England but alas I'll have to do it before my husband leaves for his assignment. The clock is ticking and I'm beginning to feel as if I'm in a race against time. There are so many things to balance at the moment. It's like a mobile in an art museum, if hung correctly, all pieces are in perfect balance, they're in harmony as they seemingly float on air. I want that! I think that I can achieve that, but it's going to take a lot of hard work to pull it off. Oh the power of prayer! Yes, all things are possible with God :-) I'm not a wait until the last minute kind of person (never have been). I'm glad that I've got things rolling - the cat is on her way to being ready for our move and we're starting the application process for the kids being enrolled into a new school this fall- but I still need to get some more information on how long it will take for our belongings to get to the other side, how long will we be in temporary housing or will they move us in to a different house. When do we need to ship my kid mobile and so forth. Time for me to get over to the family support center and ask the hard questions.

No comments: