INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Aspire to be

Have you ever thought of yourself as a person who inspires others? For me to hear from friends that I have inspired them in some manner is ultimate in good compliments. I prefer to have a positive outlook on situations where others would only see stress.



Here's one way that I've found that I've inspired a friend or two...I do think that I'm the only one out of all of my girlfriends who actually likes moving to a new place. Sure there are stressful parts to moving- for example having total strangers packing everything your own into boxes that are most likely mislabeled (insert laughter here) But you'll get over it. I like getting to the other end, being in that new to you place and rediscovering the treasures that have been in boxes for weeks or even months. I think that one of the best parts is discovering that you probably already have a friend waiting for you at your next duty station.



Another way to be an inspiration- sharing your stories.



Moving is a stressful time, but who makes it stressful? We do, we make it stressful upon ourselves when it really doesn't have to be. I'll tell ya right now, I really dislike driving long distances- the across country thing is not my bag what so ever! Now it's different if we're all in one car, no stress there. But if we're traveling in 2 separate cars, I'm terrified that we'll get separated. Now with all of us carrying cell phones and GPS systems for 2 cars in our hands, those have really taken the edge off of that getting separated/lost" stress factor for me. So here it is out in the open, my big fear is... getting lost and unable to find my family.



For others the fear is starting over...be it making friends, attending a new school or starting a new job. The first thing you need to realize is that life is an adventure! Not everyone has the luxury/security of having lived in one place all of their life- heaven knows I've moved around quite a bit in my time before starting my married life. Every adventure starts by taking the first step out the door. Go out there and introduce yourself! If your thing is crafting- join a group that does the kinds of things you enjoy. Take up walking, you never know who you may meet along the way, maybe even your new best friend! Have a new neighbor move into a house on your street or around the corner? Bake something yummy and bring it over to them (chocolate opens so many doors), tuck in a "welcome to the neighborhood" card with a small introduction to who you are and where you live.



In every new to you place, there is an adventure waiting to happen!


No comments: