INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I awoke at 5 am to a song in my head that I was singing over and over again in a dream. Once I was fully awake I could no longer hear it, it's strange how that happens.

It's now just a little after 7 am and Hannah and I got the kitchen cleaned up after a session of making Monkey Bread. Actually it's rising and will need to be made into little balls rolled in butter and a sweet cinnamon sugar coating that will caramelize in the oven. Just thinking about it makes me smile! It makes me happy that our daughter is taking such an interest in the culinary arts. Will she be the baker and gourmet cook that her mother is? Only time will tell :-) I've recently learned that my nephew Stephen is taking a culinary arts course in high school- I hope that he finds cooking as challenging and enjoyable as I do. The rewards are more of a self satisfaction thing , it's something different for each person. Before you know it, there will be some complicated recipes that you can do from memory- without ever looking once at the recipe and have it turn out perfectly! I'm that way with cheesecakes :-) But then again with that comes the displacement of other things...like knowing my kids cell phones numbers, don't ask me because I couldn't tell you what they are, LOL!

Alright it looks like I have to hunt up Hannah and have her start rolling bread dough. And maybe just maybe the guys will get up so we can start unwrapping presents!

No comments: