INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, December 05, 2008

my crafty goodness

Look at me, I just cleaned up the formal dining room of my sewing and fabric crafting so we can decorate for Christmas I put everything away in a neat orderly fashion and now I'm ready to make something else. I want to make a sewing machine cover and an appliance cover for my food processor. I've got everything I need to make the items...now to embark on this new adventure.

Have you noticed that I don't make clothes? I know how to make them, but why bother when you can buy the completed blouse or skirt for less than it cost for just the pattern? Those kinds of items go on major markdowns but household items don't and if/when they do then it's rare. I looked at the cost of an appliance cover and they are a minimum of $30- eeek! I was kind of griping about the cost of appliance covers and my husband said to me "well you're crafty why don't you just make one". BING! The light went on and I went through my crafting patterns...there were "2" different patterns packages that had patterns for all kinds of kitchen appliance covers. I am in crafters heaven! Now for me to choose some fabric from my stash and get to work! I've already selected the fabric for the sewing machine cover...now to decide which fabric to use for the food processor cover, chickens maybe?

No comments: