INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas getting to know you...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper although I prefer to use gift bags when giving gifts to friends

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial but it looks real!

3. When do you put up the tree? First weekend in December


4. When do you take the tree down? Usually in January- this year it could be Christmas Day (because we're going to be putting the house up for sale in January)

5. Do you like Eggnog? Oh yeah! And my friend Georgia makes the BEST eggnog!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The Barbie camper- it was the COOLEST thing ever! And I think that my mom still has it too!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband

8. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter

9. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes- many of them are on display through out my house

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Snail mail!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I still remember this horrific purple outfit from my mother-in-law back in 1992

12. Favorite Christmas movie? It’s a Wonderful Life! #2 being A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I do it throughout the year! Not to mention that I prefer to make things when ever possible. So planning is key!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I figure that’s what returns are all about PLUS if it’s something that is so awful why would I give it to someone else?

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Greek marinated Olives, German Gingerbread cookies, Scottish shortbread cookies and Italian Pannatone (it’s an airy Italian fruited bread like cake trust me, it’s nothing like American fruitcake)

16. Lights on the tree? Clear lights as they remind me of twinkling stars!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night sung in German

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home home home we stay HOME!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? of course!

20. Angel on the tree top or star? Angel on our main tree and a snowman on my snowman themed tree


21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the commercialization and hype put on by department stores.


23. Favorite ornament theme or color- MY Charlie Brown Christmas tree that is on display in the family room is done up on a snowman, snowflake all snow related theme

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Honey ham, country mashed potatoes, country gravy, fresh green beans, buttermilk biscuits and apple pie or chocolate cake

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new camera

Just Remember it's o.k. to say Merry Christmas!!

No comments: