INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, December 26, 2008

how do you feel today?

It's the day after Christmas and I'm sick, I mean really sick with a horrible head cold, a barky seal cough, runny nose, body aches- the works! My nose is as red as Rudolph's nose. I'm making sure to drink plenty of fluids and to take cold medication as needed. My illness today is the result of a combination of many things all coming to a boil at once. Getting my flu mist was like lighting a match to the pile of timbers waiting to ignite. This (me getting sick) was bound to happen. I've been pushing myself too hard and something had to give way- and now here I am with a box of tissues in my hand and a sore red nose.

Did God have a hand in this? I think he did. God works in ways we don't always understand and to me, this is God speaking to me and letting me know that I have to take a break from "things" and rest. if I won't do it on my own, he'll help me to rest-hence this bad head cold.

I'm off to have some tea and to rest.

No comments: