INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Getting crafty for the New Year

As I look at the new year I wonder what it'll bring. We already know that a new adventure is on the horizon for us. My adopted Motto of "do what you can, with what you have, where you are" (from Theodore Roosevelt) echos in my heart and in my mind. I've got my "we've moved" cards made and they're ready to have our new address placed in them with updated e-mail addresses and so forth.

Even though I'm still sick with this head cold, I've got my brain working on crafty stuff. I need to design and make some thank you cards then get them sent out. It was a lovely peaceful Christmas here at home with just the 4 of us and our kitty.

We're still playing with our presents :-) and I hope to play with my new food processor later on today (head cold permitting). I boxed up and sent my little red food processor to my mom- she was so surprised to open up the box and see it. Oh my gosh believe it or not she thought that THAT was her Christmas gift from us (a used food processor) that right there folks should tell you about how humble my mom is. She was even more surprised to see that I sent her some other goodies, things that she would never buy for herself. I'm a Kitchen Aid appliance lover and I make sure to spread the joy of having/using Kitchen Aid appliances in the kitchen to my mom and mother-in-law.

It was a cooks Christmas for me! Obviously I got a new food processor- but it's the professional one from Kitchen Aid and has all of the bells and whistles. PLUS I got 4 awesome cook books! Oh yeah, I've been pouring through them ever since I unwrapped them. I tried out a new recipe last night from one and I LOVED it! Now to get on to the new Pasta cookbook from Giada - m'm m'm!








No comments: