INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Breast Cancer affects us all

Yesterday I found out that yet another friend had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. My friend Charlotte is an outgoing giving kind of woman who loves her family and takes care of Air Force Spouses. Her husband is career Air Force like mine. Breast Cancer does affect us all- even if our own blood relatives are not stricken with cancer then we most likely know a good friend who has.

My friend Tonya Waters died from breast cancer in 2003 about a month before we got out here to Ellsworth AFB, SD. I remember being so heart broken upon finding out that she lost her battle.

My mom's next door neighbor Belinda was diagnosed last fall with breast cancer and has since had surgery and radiation therapy.

My friend Robin is a 3 year Breast Cancer survivor and is doing well. I can't wait to see on on Saturday!

My friend and crafting buddy Ellen is a 9 year breast cancer survivor. I get to hang out and craft with Ellen on Monday (I can hardly wait).

All I can say is to get yourself a mammogram! Early detection is the key!

No comments: