INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, January 23, 2009

Fabric Baskets

This the book that tomorrow's fabric basket class is from. I've got my rope, thread, glue stick, needles, pins and all of my fabric has been pre-cut into ¾ inch strips and stored in zip-lock baggies. I've got my ¾ size travel sewing tucked into it's hot pink tote bag ready to go out for a few hours of sewing FUN!

When I saw the bowls on display at the quilt shop last fall I wanted to take the class but alas, my schedule and the class schedule just did not chime. This time when I saw the the bowls yet again on display I enquired and I immediately booked myself into a class seat! When I talked to one of the shop owners she was telling me how this was a great way to use up fabric scraps plus it's also a great way to use those fabrics that you bought for some project and now you look at them and say to yourself "why did I buy that?". Those kinds of fabric are perfect. For me, I'm using a seersucker fabric that is yellow & cream plaid with red cherries. I had bought that fabric when Hannah was 5 years old (she's now 13½) and I had planned on making her an outfit from it. For what ever reason, I never made the outfit but obviously I still have the fabric. Since I'm pretty darn sure that I'll never use that seersucker fabric to make either Hannah nor myself any kind of a clothing item, I decided to make a bowl. While I'm at the quilt shop I'll look for pattern to make a cute apron with the remainder of the fabric, it'll go quite well with my Mary Engelbreit themed quilting corner :-)

No comments: