INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Laughter IS the best medicine

It's in the company of friends when I'm most at peace when my world seems to be going a little nuts. Yesterday I got together with the women who make up our crafting group- oh did we have fun! It's through them that I gain strength, laughing and joking with one another it's a sisterly bond that we've all developed. These women have some of the funniest stories and also ones that will melt your heart.

Ellen is a huge resource for military life and she and her husband will soon be celebrating 50 years of marriage-WOW! She's a spouse who has done it and seen it all and is here to tell you about the good things a military career can offer. Ellen is a 9 year Breast Cancer survivor and until yesterday I didn't realize that she knew my friend Tonya. They were in the same support group together- it is a small world! I have the utmost respect for Ellen, having been through the heartache that separation brings with a deployment back in a day when there wasn't access to the means of communication other than a quick letter now and again- not like today with cell phones and e-mail.

Through Donna and Peggy I've gotten to know so much more about the Box Elder and Rapid City communities. Those two ladies seem to know everyone! So to those that thought that I knew a lot of people- HA! I'm a drop in the bucket in the sea of life. I've gotten to know all kinds of history about the area and about
various groups and organizations that I would have never gotten to know about if it wasn't for them.

Sarah is a quirky crafty sort of person who loves to try anything and every at least once. I think she'd be great as an artist with a multi-media crafting shop in a kick back community like Santa Barbara. I could easily picture her in those overalls that make me smile, her pant legs rolled up with her granddaughter in hand picking up sea shells on the beach.

It's being with friends like these ladies that enriches ones life and gives you a sense of self worth. It's loving and being loved that makes a person feel whole.

2 comments:

Stamping Ideas With Peg said...

Sandie,
I so enjoy reading your blog. You described everyone so well! I, too, did enjoy our day yesterday-so fun to laugh and visit!

Gabrielle said...

How blessed you are to have a group of friends like this!

Aww yes laughter, definitely the best medicine! :)