INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Busy busy busy

For the past few days I've been incredibly busy. If it wasn't because of taking care of a good friends 7 month old daughter 3 times this week, or the awards banquet that my husband and I attended or answering questions for home owners when they called, then I was busy with things here at home.

The basket making class at the quilting store was fantastic! Talk about FUN!!! I want to encourage others to get out and take classes on everything and anything that interests them! This is a great way of getting out and meeting people PLUS building your own mental library of knowledge. Did I take this class with a friend? No, but I made 5 new friends while there. Looking at the fabric that I bought to work on in the class and what the others brought in well it made us all look at fabric in a whole new light. From subdued blue plaids to earthy colored fabric of greens, yellows, oranges and browns to bold primary colored stripes- all of these baskets were going to look great no matter what! The three hours was just too short! I came home ate lunch and then quickly got working on my basket as I was determined to finish it by dinner time. I made a large basket and I'll get pictures posted today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see- is there a book that has this technique in it? I'm sure I have a stash somewhere waiting to be used!

Sandie said...

Scroll down and you'll see the book. All I can say is that it's fun! Part of the process can be done while watching TV with the family. Then when you have some time to yourself, sew it up! I highly reccomend the book (you can get it on Amazon.com). Make sure to stock up on glue sticks as this craft is going to be addicting!