INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, January 31, 2009

more on my fabric/rope baskets

here are some pictures of my completed yellow fabric basket. I made it with fabric that I've had hanging around for quite some time. This is a close up of the middle of the basket. Can you tell what the print is?




This is very large basket, it takes 100 feet of rope to make a basket this large.



Side view- this is machine washable on delicate but you will want to let it dry naturally since everything is 100% cotton.



I also made a blue oval basket and here you see Wilson my Travel Pig and some of his friends hanging out in the basket.
The book is called It's a Wrap by Susan Brier here's a link to it over at Amazon

4 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

Wow! Love your baskets, they are both practical and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

okay - I need to know if there is a craft book or website you can point me to to learn this technique- looks like you wrapped the fabric around the cotton rope and then zig zag stitched it all around- but there must be more than that. What a cool colorful craft.

Sandie said...

The book is called It's a wrap by Susan Breir
here's a link to it at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Its-Wrap-Sewing-Fabric-Baskets/dp/156477662X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233492689&sr=1-1

SHEN said...

love these baskets there realy cool,love the colours too.