INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a picture is worth a thousand words
















I have a handful of pictures from my trip that I want to make into a scrapbook layout. Again I will be dealing with the issue of Alzheimer's. The last time I did this it took me many months to do the layout. I was looking for a way to come to terms with how to do a respectful layout when writing about such a sensitive topic.

On this trip my Dad did not recognize me, it's not that I wasn't able to deal with that, I had fully expected something quite along that avenue to happen. What does bother me is that my Mom didn't realize that my Dad didn't recognize me or my daughter. Now in retrospect, maybe that's for the best. How do you tell someone you love them and they mean the world to you when they don't remember who you are? This is such a terrible disease, it robs you of your memories...and what do you have in old age to comfort you but your memories?

So for now I look at the pictures and think of what to write and how I will design a layout that I think is fitting.

5 comments:

lindschick said...

A very dificult subject to scrap, but with time you will find the right words. The photos are lovely.

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

wow what a hard subject to scrap, i'm sory about your dad. i love your blog xx

voodoo vixen said...

I always think scrapping is therapy... the entire time you are working on the most traumatic page you are 'dealing' with the subject on both a mental and emotional level - hope you manage to get your page done, your Dad reminds me so much of my Grandfather with Alzheimers and I always consoled myself that his not remembering me didn't hurt him.

Sandie said...

I really do think that working on this layout or any layout done on a difficult topic is a kind of therapy. Thank you for all of your words of encourgament.

Yasmin said...

I agree that this is a hard subject to scrap. My mil, who lives with me, also has Alzheimers and at times I find it very hard to deal with.