INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Polish Pottery Collection

So there I was in TJ Maxx doing a return. I decided to look around and see if there were (in the words of my Mother-in-law) "any good buys". Holy Catfish Batman there were! I adore Polish Pottery! I collect serving bowls, platters and decorative pieces only, I'm not into collecting place settings (those pieces are too hard to come by anyway) I enjoy using Polish Pottery to entertain with. Many of my girlfriends collect the Stars & Stripes pattern, but me- I'm an eclectic collector. If it's a pretty and functional piece, then it's for me. Polish Pottery is known for it's beautiful Cobalt Blue, every piece has the color blue. There are so many different patterns out there too, I've got to start taking pictures of this stuff and post them (then again I've also got to take pictures of those cards I made the other day too). Hmm, there's something for my to do list for today...take pictures!

I'm not heavy into Red, White and Blue like some of my friends are (I've seen whole houses done up in Americana)- but I have started to set up my husbands home office in an Americana theme. I figure that we need to have at least one room done in the Patriotic since being military et all, LOL! Okay lets get back on topic...I bought these 2 Polish Pottery canisters in the Stars & Stripes pattern (for the office) to keep little nibbles in them, be it my husbands favorite mini sized chocolate treats or spicy cheese nips. I paid the incredibly love price of $7.00 for the small one and $15.00 for the larger one. TJ Maxx was selling them for $30 and $35 each and now they're marked down dirt cheap! You should see this really interesting piece that I picked up- it's a water pitcher and it an urn style- very cool! Or my Peacock feather teapot- my daughter thinks it's weird but I call it an interesting conversation piece. Platters, they had platters marked down to $10, ones that were selling for $40 each. I've got an eclectic collection of various patterns but love them all! I have to give my friend Susan credit for my Polish Pottery addiction, while stationed in Germany she had taken a trip or two to Poland with a group of military spouses for the soul purpose to visit the various pottery manufacturers. She would ask me what patterns I liked and not really knowing what patterns there are to choose from, I said "anything"! The more I think about this... I am going to take pictures of my pottery pieces today and make a scrapbooking layout about about them!

Stay tuned for pictures!

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh, I'm a bit of a china junkie..can't wait to see pictures!