INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Change

Maya Angelou says it best "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". I'm an odd bird, mainly because I openly welcome change in the same manner as if welcoming an old friend. Maybe it's the moving every few years that has made me so open to change.

I'm looking forward to the big move and trusting all of our belongings, household goods and my scrapbooking, stamping and quilting supplies doesn't give me the pain in my stomach that it used to. I tell myself- THIS is why we have insurance on our belongings, to rid ourselves of these kinds of stresses- things we have no control over.

Change is good- and to be better adapt in my new environment I joined a scrapbooking group in the UK called UK Scrappers . They are a lively energetic bunch that enjoy scrapbooking and paper crafting. Me being me, I'm going to want to get together with people once we get into our new digs, and what better kinds of people to get together with that scrapbookers and quilters? They are all so openly warm and inviting. Now for me to work on finding a quilter guild to get together with :-)

The cold snap we're experiencing (again) has got me motivated in the paper crafting department! I've got my Thank You cards done, oodles of birthday cards and Thinking of You cards made. Now for me to tie some ribbon on them and file them away :-) I'm pulling out my Cricut and will cut 20 or so hearts for my Valentine Cards.

Having our house up for sale has posed a few challenges...such as quick clean up, and keeping my crafting areas clean and tidy. I'll say it out loud- I'm messy when I'm crafting. Paper snippits everywhere, I need to have the stick-vac right there in the room with me for quick clean ups.

I know that we've not been in the house all that long (will be 2 years in March) but God has a plan for us. I know that our house will sell, we've been good stewards and know that the next family to live in this hose will love it as much as we did. If you know of anyone moving to the area please direct them to seeing our lovely home.

now for me to get with getting out a suitcase and packing for my trip.

8 comments:

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

glad you joined UKS, hope you enjoy it. Loving your blog
vicki xx

Shirley said...

Lovely to come and visit you here Sandie, hopefully will be able to see you in real life when you move near me.
Not only do we have a very active crop group but there are some really great quilters around locally to with some great groups too.

Jo Power said...

Good luck on the move. Glad you found UKscrappers they are a lovely bunch of people and always willing to help and welcome new people.

Sarah said...

I hope your move to the UK goes smoothly - i know how it feels as we moved back to the UK 2 years ago after living in TX for almost 3years.
Hope your house sells quickly. Have a great trip

Sarah

Kit said...

hey there. Im katie mcf from ukscrappers and we have a social group on their called home from home for anyone living abroad or making international transitions. I went the other way - Wales UK to Charlotte NC!

jay670120 said...

Good luck in your move to the UK , UKS is the biggest scrapbooking forum in uk but there are tons more , you should try www.fiskarettes.co.uk too its a blog for any crafts , there are competitions and tons of inspiration & places you can show off your work there too ,but you have to be living in UK to be a UK fiskarette (think USA has equivalent called Fiskateers)
i'll be quiet now . I'm jay670120 on UKS if you ever want to shout out to me when you are over x

Sarah said...

You will be missed Sandie. I pray your house sells quickly.

Dan said...

Great blog Sandie! I hope you're enjoying UKScrappers, and good luck with the big move!