INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, January 02, 2009

a new year with new beginnings...

It's hard to start a new year without looking back at the past year and wondering what you can change. What can you change about yourself? What can you change about your environment? These things are more commonly known as resolutions.

For me, resolutions are not about changing myself into a better person, but more of setting realistic goals to get things done or to acquire knowledge.

So here are my goals for 2009

*to be a better photographer, so first I'll look into getting myself a better camera and then I will look into finding some photography classes.

*to scrapbook more often. I will set myself time each week where I will work only in my scrapbook nook, taking time to create quality scrapbook layouts.

* to get back into making greeting cards. I need to set aside time each week and dedicate it to paper crafting.

*to take some quilting classes when the chance arises

*to take chef classes when the chance arises

* to post more pictures with my blog entries. I need to make a better effort at doing so.

*to be able to stay on top of the laundry and not let it pile up.

*to be able to keep my house company clean 24/7- that's the entire house children's bedrooms and bathroom included (wish me luck here)

*to go on weekend adventures- this starts as soon as we get to England!

*to continue to encourage other military spouses to become involved in their local community. This is especially important while their spouses are deployed.

*to continue to be a good friend, confidant and listener. To be able to assist friends and military spouses as best as I can with keeping a positive attitude

*to laugh every day

*to tell my children and husband that I love them- every day!

*to entertain in our home more often

No comments: