INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Doing my part

I'm finally feeling like I'm in my element...cooking always makes me happy! Yesterday I made six of my mini 4 inch classic New York cheesecakes. I loved how it made the entire house smell, when you opened the front door a delicious aroma would waft out of the door :-)

Today is my marathon cooking day. I'll start off with Angel Food cake, then move on to my making of BBQ sauce and then cooking ribs. So where does all of this food go? It's off to church and then to the single men and women of the Air Force who live in the dorms at RAF Croughton. I like to think of myself as doing my part in helping to keep up morale. It's got to be tough being here alone, so we do what we can to create a family environment.

Now I'm off to get that Angel Food cake in the oven and then it's chopping onions time (and lots of them).

Interested in the recipe for the BBQ ribs? Check out My Cook Book Nook to see how I've changed a recipe and made it my own. And stay tuned for pictures over there...been taking pictures through the stages of cooking today which you know is a rare treat, LOL!

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Croughton will bless the day you arrived Sandie. Angel Food Cake sounds great...you are forcing me to go look in your cookbook nook!

Sandie said...

I've got to start putting more recipes in my cookbook nook and adding pictures of food.

I love to cook for groups of people, it really puts me in my element. I love to entertain and here I have neighbors that I think would love to try out some of my new recipes.