INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, July 31, 2009

When we do the best we can...

I've been here in England a little over a month and I have to say that I'm feeling truly blessed. Sure, not everything has gone as smoothly as I would have liked it to, but at the end of the day my family is together and that's what counts!

As this quote by Albert Einstein really sums it up well...Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

After taking part in the key spouse training at RAF Alconbury, knowing and feeling very comfortable with the role I will play in this program- I'm ready, willing and able to help wherever I can. I hope and pray that other spouses will hear the calling to help out and do what they can in this fantastic program- be it an hour or more, every little bit helps! And here's a quote by Helen Keller that sums up my feeling on volunteering...When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.

Are you ready to be a positive spark in someone else's life? Are you ready to be a part of a miracle? The miracle you witness may be your own transformation into something more than you could ever imagine. Become a volunteer!

Ps- in my next life (that's life after the Air Force) I plan on becoming a motivational speaker;-)

1 comment:

lauriewe said...

You are well on your way to becoming a motivational speaker- you are my motivational blogger!