INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tea

My love of PG Tips tea started soon after I married my husband. You see, my mother-in-law is from Scotland and the ONLY tea she drank was PG tips. It was a nice tea, not bitter and well I soon started to prefer it to any other brand. fast forward nearly 19 years later and well here I am living in England. I was at a Tesco store (I liken it to be a cross between a super Walmart and Super Target) and I came across the biggest box of PG tips tea I've ever seen in my life...a 240 count box- WOW!!! I've only ever seen the tea come in an 80 count box. Now what was the price of this yummy tea you wonder- not as expensive as you might think. To be perfectly honest, the price difference between the 80 count and the 240 count box was (with the £ to $ conversion) was about 59¢ and the 240 count box the less expensive of the two. So, are you laughing yet or what? I know I was when I realized the price difference. My Mom will fall over when I send her a box of this tea- you see, I have got my mom hooked on the stuff and now that's the only tea she drinks :-D

3 comments:

Sheilagh said...

PG Tips Rocks..LOL It's the only tea to have..apart from Scottish Blend which you have to cross the border to get. They are both a delicious cuppa! Have you seen the tv adverts for PG Tips since you arrived? They are quite funny.

What part of Scotland in your husband's family from? My husband is from Dollar, Clakmannanshire.

Happy Sunday:0)

Sheilagh

Julia Dunnit said...

How funny. I'm an English Breakfast Tea gal myself...but that's way in line behind coffee!

Sandie said...

somewhere near Glasgow I think