INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just another day in the neighborhood

As I'm having a cup of coffee it dawned on me...I'm no longer on vacation mode, how sad is that? No longer can I get by with saying "but I haven't got my British drivers license/driving permit yet" when my husband would ask me to pick up his dry cleaning or to go into town for some other errand. So here I am running here there and everywhere. I have a "to do" that keeps getting longer by the minute. I've got about a dozen phone calls to make, at least half as many places to stop by on base, plus the stops downtown.

Then there's the trip planning. My son's friends are coming for a visit and well since my boy is clueless about which sights to see I'm afraid it's all left up to me to take care of. My husbands full work load is leaving me with the kids during the weekdays and I hope that he can squeak in the weekend to spend with us as I want to take the kids to Stonehenge, Bath and London. It's going to be nonstop touring while these teenagers are here. None of that playing X-Box all day long crap going on while they're hear visiting. I think that we all had enough of THAT in South Dakota, LOL! We're now in England a place that is full of awesome historical sights, with all of these of great places to visit and sights to see why would anyone stay at home and want to play X-box? I mean really, why would they?

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh yeah they will! My californian neice didn't even get out of the car or unplug her ipod at stonehenge -it's a bunch of rocks by a busy road....(luckily only 15 minute drive from my house!)Miss Dunnit isn't a great culture vulture - it's an age thing...thye wanna see some stuff, but I'm not sure they'll want to see all the stuff! It'll be fun though.