INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Insanity- it's inherited from your kids

If anyone was to come over this morning, they'd be in for the shock of their lives. My hair resembles the coiffure of a famous woman- Medusa, and we all know what that looks like, LOL! Don't ring my door bell because if I answer it you will see that I have scary hair this morning, LOL!

I had wondered what our narrow street would be like when moving trucks were parked on it...I got to see this up closer and personal yesterday and this morning. My neighbors directly across the street from us are moving and the truck is rather large, the street rather narrow and well it makes for an interesting driving situation to say the least. Looking out of the window in the living room all one can see if a big blue truck (by the way, trucks are called Lorries out here).

I'm relaxing a bit with some glorious Dunkin' Donuts coffee (2 mugs down more to follow) while searching on line for airline tickets for my sons 2 best friends. I promised Andrew that we would fly Drew and Tyler to London from Rapid City...then again I thought that our house would be sold by now too. But I'm not going to renig on bringing the boys out here for a vacation. I know that Andrew misses his friends and that they too miss him. I want to show the boys that life out here is pretty darn nice. I want to take them to my kids new school...they will fall over when they see it! I'll take them to various tourist type places around here- heaven knows that every place here has at least a 300 year history (If not more), LOL! I promised Tyler's mom Mary that her boy would bring back something really nice for her...time for me to go to Stoke-on-Trent and check out the pottery scene. You see, Tyler went to China last summer and while all of the other school kids brought back silk scarves and pearl earrings for their mom's, well Tyler being 100% teenage young man- brought his mom back - nothing. Needless to say she was rather hurt by his lack of thoughtfulness (how do I know? I'm a Mom and I just do that's how). So I have a redemy- I will have something nice here waiting for him to take back to his Mom, same goes for Drew. All Mom's like thoughtful gifts from their sons :-) Heck, I may even box it up and ship it to her. I say that a trip to the Laura Ashely store in in order!

Now for me to get on with my search for reasonable airline tickets for a couple of 17 year old teenage boys.

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Good luck with that for a mission! The gift for mother's is a perfect idea. You are very thoughtful. We have a narrowlane in this village where lorries regularly nock corners off a thatched roof...must be a pig to be the owner!