INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Welcome Day at Kingham Hill School

My new friend Alicia and her son Xander (short for Alexander) and myself with Andrew and Hannah went to Welcome Day at Kingham Hill School. It was only after we (Alica and myself) were there for an hour that we realized that Welcome Day was for the kids and NOT the parents. Unfortunately the school didn't make that very clear in the numerous e-mails or the phone calls I had received from them making sure we attend Welcome Day. Alicia and I were ale to amuse ourselves at a local Organic Garden Center for a few hours. This was VERY different than anything we have in the US that's for sure! They serve meals at the place PLUS all kinds of organic produce, meats and cheeses, there also sold pottery,cookware, clothing, bath soaps and lotions and more! This place even sold plants and chicken coops! We both enjoyed our time at the Garden Center- we better have because it sure was expensive as it cost us £40.48 for lunch (eek).

The kids had a great time and at the end of the long day they had all made friends of their same age group (thank you Lord for another blessing). I think that the kids will be able to make a good transition to thier new school. I took pictures while at Kingham Hill and that reminds me that I need to get the memory card out of the camera and plug it into the computer. I'm going to be able to make some great scrapbook pages with these pictures- that is once all of those supplies arrive in our household goods shipment this fall.

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh what a relief, school is such a big player in settling! Ladies wot lunch, huh..nice but that was expensive!

Sandie said...

Thanks Julia! The place was lovely but my friend and I doubt it that we'll do lunch there again...nice but very expensive, LOL!