INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Waddesdon Manor

The tour of the inside of Waddesdon Manor was wonderful. The artwork, furnishings and rooms were lovely. I loved the display of China dinnerware on display (the sign of a true pottery/china collector). Now I was a bit bummed at the fact that we were not allowed to take pictures inside, but I do understand the reasons why we weren't allowed. I wish that there were pictures of the china collections and the rooms available for purchase in the gift shop (I would have definitely bought some).
There was so much to see and the weekday tours offer so much more than the weekend tours. Plus the fact that it was raining off and on, well this time we decided not to tour the grounds. We'll come back during the week to see more of the house and the aviary and other wonderful things.

To think that this was the "weekend" house to the Rothschild family- simply facinates me.

This pond is the first thing you will come across on the long pea gravel driveway before before tunring your head to set sight on the lawn going up to the great house. I love the Merpeople sculptures.

Is this not an amazing view? The walk up to this Grand home gave me a sense of awe and delight.


As we got closer, the details of the house become more obvious.


There are several of round garden spots which are located in the lawn area.



The extensive front lawn


No comments: