INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, July 10, 2009

With a little help from my friends

With the help of a couple of friends here in the UK I was able to find out I needed to buy for my daughter for her camping trip in Wales...and where I needed to shop for said items :-) So with regards to that, Thank You Tasha and Julia, I appreciate you both very much!

Hannah and I enjoyed "our time" together at the Castle Quay mall shopping for items for her camping trip. She even got a new handbag AND lunch out of our mother/daughter shopping experience. What did I get? Well besides the bill? Quality time spent with my daughter-priceless!

I even managed to get over to Tesco -that parking lot has to be the worst of any shopping center parking lot I've ever been to -it's worse than the Abilene Mall in Texas and trust me that one is really bad! But we got in there, I topped off my cell phone minutes, bought the biggest box of PG Tips tea I've EVER seen! I bought a 240 count box of PG Tips tea bags and doing the math on the exchange rate it's about 59¢ LESS than the 80 count box that I'd buy back in the states- no joke! I plan on sending my mom one of these enormous boxes of tea at Christmas time with a Brown Betty tea pot- won't that just surprise the heck out of her! Now to find the Brown Betty Tea Pots.

I was able to pop into a sewing shop while in Banbury,while they had some Janome sewing machines, none was what I was truly what I was hoping to find. I saw one that was interesting but it lacked a few features that I am needing/wanting - mainly the needle threader, the drop in bobbin, the automatic needle up/down and of course the ability to drop the feed dogs. I plan on checking out a couple more shops, one in Milton Keynes and another in Witney. I'm planning my trip on google maps UK and each place is a little over 20 miles away- in opposite directions of course, LOL! We shall see what I am able to find. I'm going to see if a girlfriend or two would like to come along with me on this journey as I'm sure we'll all laugh ourselves silly.

Yesterday was amazing as I was also able to pick up the curtains we had ordered. I can't believe that I was able to accomplish everything that I set out to do-wow! The Lord had sent some of his Angels to watch over me and Hannah, that's for sure!

I find myself blessed with new friends in this new place. I look forward to many more new adventures here in my new host country. Stay tuned as I get this memory card loaded and I will update this post with some pictures today...whilst doing many more loads of laundry, LOL!

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I think you're doing incredibly well with the driving. If you expect every car park in Britain to be like the Tesco one, then you'll never experience shock or panic in a car park!! We don't have bays for compacts etc, so it's a bit of a squeeze in some cases. Bet you've seen some really tiny cars over here too, by comparison!
Glad your shopping was a success, hope Hannah enjoys Wales.

Sandie said...

Julia, this girl of mine is going to have fun no matter what! She's made new friends and is planning new adventures with them.

The Tesco parking lot- just short of a nightmare, LOL! One entrance/exit and about a million and one cars, all coming and going like bees in and out of a hive.
Small cars? Oh my gosh I've seen all kinds of cars, from super dinky to WOW that fits on these roads? The Smart cars always make me get a smirk on my face- I can't help but to giggle when I see someone driving one. No trunk/boot space for my shopping bags, LOL!

Sheilagh said...

Sounds like you are having fun Sandie, I admire you confidence driving all over the place with so little experience of British roads. I chicken'd out of driving in the USA when on holiday.

I look forward to seeing your photo's.

Thank you for your good wishes by the way, I think you were right, it was the vaccine.

Have a great weekend

Sheilagh