INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

the rudeness of some shoppers

Hannah and I went to the outlet mall in Bicester and to tell you the honest truth we were rather disappointed. From the ultra packed parking lot to the rudeness of fellow shoppers and the outrageous prices at the shops. In my honest opinion there weren't any great deals to be had in any store, nothing anywhere tempted me, not even Starbucks. You know it's bad if I can't be tempted to buy my girl and myself a Mocha at Starbucks. So there we were saying to ourselves...This was a total waste of time.

We decided that we're going to stick to the regular malls and save the outlet shopping for the tourists and the rich folks. As we were walking past one of the two the Dolce and Gabbana outlet stores a pair of ladies were walking out of that shop, they were talking very loudly to one another and it was clearly obvious to me that it was with the soul intent that the sales staff working in the shop and anyone right outside of it could hear them. They were making the most awfully rude remarks about the merchandise carried in the shop. I looked at them thinking to myself...yeah uh huh as if the pair of you are fashion trend setters. Why some people have to be so darn mean is beyond me.

After that we went over to Tesco to get some groceries...we were in line behind this awful lady who just ripped into the grocery clerk because her package of raw chicken was leaking. Well maybe just maybe 1-she should have put it in a plastic bag so it wouldn't leak all over her other items and 2- maybe she should have picked up a different package of chicken since she knew it was leaking in the first place. The ignorance of some people is just amazes me. And to be honest, it makes me nuts when I see shoppers berating the sales clerks-like they are there for them to yell at. Come on! Show some respect for those working in the service industry. After that rude lady left and I stepped up I let the sales clerk know that she did nothing wrong and she need not apologize to me for that other shoppers rude behaviour. I saw a look of relief wash over this young ladies face.

How horrible to be at a job where people think that they have the right to yell at you-especially for things that are not your fault nor in your control.

No comments: