INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shopping at TK Maxx

TK Maxx is just like TJ Maxx in the U.S., yup they are the same thing owned by the same company. We went shopping in Oxford yesterday and as it so happened, there was a TK Maxx store. Hannah and I went to check it out, I made her try on a dozen shoes (she soon tired of that), then we ventured upstairs to housewares- oh yeah! I had hoped to find a tea put but no such luck, then I turned the corner and found something even better! Portmeirion pottery. And since we are in need of some plates, I bought some :-)

We're going to be having house guests in a few weeks and I wanted to have enough plates, I still need to get some bowls and more glassware, but I've got a little bit of time before our guests arrive to get that stuff. I even found a nice large serving bowl- I'm in heaven! The things one does when they are living in temporary quarters and having to use borrowed housewares. I bought some inexpensive stoneware when we went to RAF Lakenheath but alas it's a set of 4, now that we're having house guests (2) well 4 plates, 4 bowls and 4 glasses are just are not going to cut it! If ever there was an excuse to shop for dishes that was it :-)


No comments: