INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Donate Donate Donate

I'm doing it again...going through things in my home and pulling them out and putting them into the bags marked "donations". Here I have been donating so much over the past few months and I'm going at it again. This time it's clothing. I went though my sons entire bedroom and used a few of those bin like containers by Rubbermaid. I organized his closet and drawers, got ALL of the junk off of the floor and out from underneath of his bed. Now to vacuum and dust in there...I'll vacuum but I refuse to dust!

So anyway...I came across clothing that I know he's outgrown. So from there I went to Hannah and asked her is she any clothing that she no longer is interested in having...she brought out an outfit that she got over a year ago. I was surprised to see that she still had it in her closet. I've gone through this latest batch of clothing and decided to give away some more sweaters and even some summer clothing.

In the kitchen...oh my gosh who of us doesn't have at least a zillion of those Glad company plastic containers that lunch meats come in? I'm culling the herd and am keeping 4 of them, the rest will be either given away, donated or recycled. Those plastic containers are handy for all kinds of things, but I don't need so many of them. I'm saying goodbye to my electric can opener. I don't use it, I prefer to use my hand crank can opener. So off it goes and a few other little things.

I recently donated a great number of items to the food bank- our Post Office is having a food drive this week and I dropped off several plastic bags of food items there on Thursday. here's something to make you laugh... I had recently shipped off ALL of my round and rectangular cake pans, my Angel Food Cake pan, some spring form pans and my simple bunt cake pans to England. So there I am organizing the pantry for the open house tomorrow (yes another open house) and there's all of these cake mixes...and nothing to bake them in, LOL! So off to the food bank they go! There was all kinds of stuff that I sent to the food bank, but I did have to laugh at myself for shipping my Angel food cake pan off and not realizing that I had 4 boxes of Angel food cake mix- oops! Well I look at it this way, my stupidity is another persons gain and I'm glad to be able to help others.

I've got to get myself ready for the day, then later on I'll drive downtown to drop off my latest batch of items for donation, pick up my Mary Engelbreit quilt from the Professional Quilter (she called yesterday and it's ready) and maybe I'll have lunch downtown too!

No comments: