INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Give Love Every Day

Love unconditionally, that's my motto. I love my children if they are having good days or bad. I try to encourage them to be the best persons that they can be, granted there have been some really rough days around here (due to our overseas move). But through it all I know that the Lord will help my children to adapt to their new school, to make new friends and to enjoy every moment in their new host country.

I put my foot down with my sons friends yesterday. Right as they entered our house I let them know that I will not tolerate them being disrespectful to me in any way and that they are not to talk negativly about our move in any way, shape, or form or they will no longer be welcome in our home- end of story. I got a yes ma'am out of all them and that was it. My boy is so torn between his friends and this move. It's sad that his best friend has been such a snot about our move- and has been putting all kinds of crap notions into our sons head. I let my son and his 2 friends know that I will win out and the only losers in all of this will be them. Today, my son is a nice happy young man and is not angry. It seems as if my being perfectly frank with them all has (maybe) started to sink in. With only 1 month, 1 week and 6 days until we leave I'm wanting to get on with preparing for this move. It's been rough and I know that I'm not totally out of the woods yet, so keep me and my family in your prayers.

Today I have happy and content children. I let them sleep in and relax. It's Mother's Day weekend, I have no plans on showing my house this weekend, it's family time for the 3 of us. I'm going to make those yummy ultimate cinnamon rolls (these are way better than cinnabon cinnamon rolls) -Terri if you're reading this...you are going to LOVE these! When I get to England I promise that I will teach you how to make these delicious treats for your tea shop :-)

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

You are so right to have done this and see, you darling son seems better for it too, well done strong mum! I wanna learn the secret to the cinnamon rolls too please!