INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Taking Time for Me

I spent some quality time on myself today- shoe shopping. I found it a relaxing and renewing experience. Over the weekend I saw an ad in the newspaper for Scheels (it's an outdoors/sporting goods store) where they had some women's shoes on sale and the ad said "Mom loves Shoes" I started laughing because not every woman enjoys shoe shopping (my own mother detests shoe shopping) and there are only a handful that I know personally that are true shoe shoppers with my friend Theresa being THE Queen Mother of all Shoe Shopping Guru's! I used to be a shoe queen but then add in a couple of foot surgeries and well I'm no longer wearing those lovely high heels that I used to adore, it's practical footwear for me these days :-( I do have to say that I've found some shoes that look great on my feet and better yet...they don't look like old lady shoes and they don't hurt my feet!

No comments: