INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Things on my mind...

I awoke several times during the night- having so much on my mind all of the time tends to do that to me. I'm checking things off of my "to do" list now that I'm down to 6 weeks (give or take a day).

I've contacted a couple of pet shipping companies and am waiting to hear back from them on the estimates. I have this sinking feeling that it's going to be very expensive. So one company calls me back and they e-mail me a contract for me to fill out and they want me to give them a $75 non-refundable deposit before they give me an estimate...um, I really don't feel comfortable doing that and I let the person know that in an e-mail. There are companies that (and I hate to say it but it's true) take advantage of military families, especially ones that are moving overseas with pets.

I've got to make a newsletter for the subdivision, informing them that I'm moving and that we need to elect a new person to be HOA president not to mention that we also need to elect an entire new board-eek! I need to announce the date of the neighborhood garage sale and get the ad put into the newspaper.

Yesterday was spent organizing items in the bathrooms. Preparing things for shipping. You see, moving companies want their clients to have things like Bath and Body works foaming hand soap, body wash,body lotions etc. in Ziploc baggies before they will pack them up. I don't want to wait until the last minute to get these simple yet time consuming tasks done- so I did it yesterday. To be perfectly honest, it took me a lot longer than I thought it would.

Things we'll need more than 1 of (especially when the kids and I get there) are sheets and bedding, towels, pillows, hangers, dinnerware and cookware. I've started shipping off boxes with those kinds of things in them. Okay so I've not sent any dishes...this is my excuse for starting my Portmeirion dishware collection (I only have 1 complete place setting, 4 cups and saucers and 4 mugs), hehehe (that's my sneaky laugh). And don't you just love how I used the word "only"? LOL! Portmeirion is going to be my "thing" that I will have in our home which I will remember our time spent living in England. Then again I do plan on adding to my Spode Christmas Tree place settings...maybe just maybe I will finally get myself that sauce boat after nearly 14 plus years of wanting it, LOL!

I'm pulling out more stuff to donate to the woman's shelter and to the Salvation Army Thrift Shop. Looking back, I find it amazing how much stuff I've already donated/given away and how much more I'm now willing to part with. I want to be 100% ready when the moving company truck pulls up in front of our house and packs up of belongings. I want us to have our suitcases packed and ready to go to the airport. I want things to go as smoothly as possible without any of those nasty last minute hiccups.

No comments: