INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, May 16, 2009

the love of reading books

I love to read, and of course I have my handful of favorite authors. But what I've been reading these past few days is an off shoot of Jane Austen's' work. I just finished reading a book by Amanda Grange "Captain Wentworth's Diary", I had read "Mr. Darcy's Diary" and it was excellent and I had no doubt that this own would be the same. Let me tell you that I was not disappointed in it at all! If you have read the book "Persuasion" by Jane Austen, then this books by Amanda Grange fills in some gaps and is a perfect accompaniment. My next book is "Mr. Knightley's Diary" and is an off shoot from Jane Austen's wonderful book "Emma". I'm waiting a couple more weeks until I order my next 2 books...Colonel Brandon's Diary and Edmund Bertram's Diary- I want to save these for the plane ride over to England, but if I order them now, I know that I'll read them now, LOL!

I've started to make my summer reading list and I can
hardly wait to see what wonderful book shops await me in England next month!

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Book shops..at some stageof your English posting you must visit Hay-on-Wye. Bookshpos by the dozen and a literary festival unrivalled.