INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Things that amaze me

It continues to amaze me how a couple with no children or a family that has 1 child can put out 5 to 10 times more trash than than a family that has of 3, 4 or even 6 children. It kills me to see my neighbors being so wasteful. I see all kinds of things being tossed out on the curbside that could be donated to various charities. I hate seeing waste, it bugs me to no end to see my neighbors tossing out things that are perfectly good that others could use. If Mother Theresa were here she's have something to say about this- you can bet on it!

I physically can not make myself throw away good usable items into the trash, truly I can't do it. I know in my heart that there's always someone out there that could use it, so I donate the items to charity. Be it clothing, housewares, furniture, electronics, outdoor items and yes even food. If it's in good clean usable condition I donate it. When did we (America) become such a disposable throw away society? We really do need to sit down and rethink our priorities and help those that are less fortunate than ourselves.

As I drove down the street on my way to taking my daughter to school this morning I saw a huge stack of patio chairs in one neighbors trash pile and I thought to myself- Wow, what a waste! My daughter said the same thing out loud. I told her that it's a sin to be so wasteful and she agreed. My thoughts instantly turned to those that are on a fixed incomes, elderly retired folks would probably like a set of lawn chairs so they can sit outside and enjoy the fine day we're having. Maybe a single mom with kids on a tight budget would enjoy some lawn chairs too, so that she may sit out of doors watching her children play. It's little acts of kindness that really do show who we are inside.

No comments: