INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, May 15, 2009

Getting my teenage son Organized

The road to organization is a long and lonely one when you have teenagers. Last night I decided that I'm going to gut and organize my sons room before this next open house. This morning I was at Target at 8am when they opened their doors for business (man oh man am I going to miss that store). I bought at least a dozen of those plastic tub like containers with lids (got to love the fact they were on sale dirt cheap too). I'm going to cram all of his junk into them and then store them out in the garage. My boy is a pig, it's just junk everywhere I look in that room. I am going in there with my camera and I'm going to take some before and after pictures of his room. It's more for myself to see the before and after of my hard work than to embarrass him -although that's not such a bad idea.

You may not see me for hours...if you don't hear from me by 3pm call out search and rescue I could have been swallowed up by a black hole in the universe that was hiding in my sons room :-o

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

You are not alone with this problem..and I have a daughter!! And there is nothing I can do to embarrass her about it!! Good luck, and hope the under the bed section doesn't require hazard clothing!!

Sandie said...

To my great surprise it didn;t take as long as I thought it would...I went with the "take no prisoners" approach and have gotten that room organized in just 2 hours! I had filled 4 of those 18 gallon bins- one was just clothing from under and around his bed. I hung up the clean clothes, have one full load of clothes in the wash right now with a 2nd load waiting in the wing for it's turn. I needed a pair of long tongs for some toxic socks- eeeew!
I'm now having a cup of tea and relaxing with a handfull of yummy biscuits :-)